- Steps you need to take to get ready for retirement
- The Exit Process
- What retirement and Social Security forms are needed
- How to fill out the paperwork?
- Your Florida Retirement System Pension … What are your best choices?
- Bencor … What happens to your sick days?
- Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP) … How to spend or invest your DROP?
- 403(b) or 457(b) plans … When should you start taking withdrawals?
- Social Security Income … At what age should you start taking payments?
- How the health insurance subsidy works
The workshop instructors are associated with the DROP Advisory Council. Since 1986 they have helped thousands of employees save for retirement and exit the Florida Retirement System. This is a free educational workshop only. No financial or insurance products will be marketed and sold at the meeting. You are welcome to bring your spouse or friend. There are a limited number of seats for each workshop because it is a participatory workshop, and we want to make sure your questions are addressed. Please make your reservation as soon as possible.
The DROP Advisory Council members are independent financial professionals. They are highly skilled experts in the Florida retirement field. Today, only eight organizations in Florida have earned the right to be on this council.
If you would like an individual meeting, please fill out the form below. If you would like to attend a future workshop, please view our current schedule by clicking here. We add new workshops every month. For questions or more information about our workshops, please fill out the form below.